Thanks for the help here is where I am sitting now:
- Did you happen to apply the keyboard remap hack? If so, you might be able to get your shell to the front by hitting snapshot-paste (or was it copy?). Kinda slap them both at once to toggle between apps.
I did apply it, but the LZO compression seems to have whacked it out also.
- If you enabled your web server to handle external requests, you might be able to sneak in a 'slay' command or something else to kill off the offending square box. Maybe a remote web browser could initialte a shellex?pterm request. If you didn't modify the web server settings, this won't work.
I do have the webserver running, but can't seem to make use of it, any way to "push"
content (a fix) or something or run a command this way, perhaps a un-LZO command?
flashlzo -d * (or something?)
- Look around this BBS for people discussing the possibility that Audrey can reflash over serial port. I don't think anyone has made that work, but maybe no one was as desperate as you are now with a dead CF slot.
Haven't seen it yet either... I have noticed posts mentioning a "debug" mode which
seems to allow serial communication but perhaps in a limited fashion.
- Longshot: Are you automounting any filesystems which you also added to $PATH? That would give you a way to add new executables to Audrey and maybe be able to give them control.
I am automounting two paths via Boot.sh
- Check your CF slot for bent pins
It seems to be a bad solder joints on the board, and I would really hate to try and solder
such a fine joint ARGH
Do you have inetd, ftpd and telnetd running? If so you could ftp and telnet into Audrey and fix her.
No but I really really wish I had done that now
I am more comfortable in a marimba type solution, I wish codeman or somebody could
answer if this is doable. If it is possible to trick it out, than this would be
another viable way to get flash images on the audrey... perhaps even a fairly "safe"