I am having the same problem.
I got my first Audrey recently and have been trying unsuccessfully to update it from 1.00.17.01. I've tried every variation on the instructions I can think of and it just won't go. I think the most useful bit of troubleshooting data I can come up with is this...
http://188.8.131.52 successfully loads the page.
http://marimba.3com.com and http://3com.marimba.net both give me DNS errors.
I'm using 184.108.40.206 as the DNS servers.
I've now tried 3 different networks... my home DSL, my corporate network at work, and an "external" network at work (outside our firewall). All give me DNS errors.
I've tried both static IP and dynamic IP on all three networks and I still get DNS errors.
I'm very excited to play with my new toy... but also incredibly frustrated.
PS--Please also reply to firstname.lastname@example.org if feasible. Thanks!