Not wanting to make yet another thread I will use this one. I have just had a problem with realplayer that I have seen before. My fix in the past has been to reflash but have never found the cause of the problem.. The problem being that after bookmarking (in realplayer Hotlist) a site that worked I find that the saved site stops working. This may happen in days or months. I have found that this is (or at least can be) caused by trying another realplayer site and having it fail (for unsupported format "FLASH") or other reason. Then going back to a formally working site and it now will not work. I have always found that the following location has worked. http://www.wfcr.org/wfcr.ram
when entered in realplayer (File/Open location). But after going to a new site like the CDC radio site I was able to get the site at Edmondton (city) to work. Then I tried another city and got an error. I then tried Edmondton again but got a failure this time. I then tried the above WFCR site and it now failed. Knowing that something was really different I rebooted and tried the WFCR site again. The site still failed. I went to another Audrey and the WFCR site worked on it just fine. So something had changed in this Audrey. I looked around using File Explorer and found in /usr/real/cookies.txt the following:
a1950.r.akareal.net FALSE / FALSE 2145934799 cbid hfdgjheldjikjidmeonoouqqmrjrktlufkcgkielhjnkfiplinrohpkqprfsrtduekcjdmil
audio.npr.org FALSE / FALSE 2145934799 cbid dkfjghcihjcfgldmeonroumtnrjrktlufkcgkieliggfhiplinorkpoqqronltpugfqgehcl
ottawa.cbc.ca FALSE / FALSE 1051512879 Webtrends 18.104.22.168.104651035946479122
media.cbc.ca FALSE / FALSE 2145934799 cbid ikhjihcijjekgidmeonrruqtlrjrktlufkcgkieleggfdlpllnnrkurqpofskqludkcgfmei
The last two lines had been added by the CBC radio site. I went back to my working Audrey and found that these last three lines were not there. Only the first.. I copied the cookies.txt file from the working Audrey to the not working Audrey thinking this was the only problem. No help.. I rebooted and still no help. I reflashed and the problem Audrey now gets WFCR again. Not sure if others have had this problem but if so, would really like to know of any additional information.. As others, I really miss the real audio sites that I used to listen to with the Audrey.. I should also say that the above problem is just a sample. It has happened before with other sites. After going to some new site and getting an error my working sites start to error.