I recently ran into some problems (as many others have) updating my audrey with dialup.
It seemed like my DNS settings were being ignored and my audrey was using the DNS of my ISP. But I got it figured out. SO if you are on some sort of gateway (this can be any computer setup with a connection to the internet and dhcp), in my case a WinXP HOME box with internet connection sharing turned on, and your audrey connects through that gateway, then these instructions will work for you.
Ignore the stuff in the howtos about changing the dns on your audrey, instead change your gateways dns to whatever spoofing dns seems to be popular on the forums currently. I hesitate to give an actual address as it seems to change periodically. If 2-1b.artoo.net will work in your browser's address bar then you can get the current spoofing dns IP there. Otherwise check the forums.
On my XP box this operation consisted of Start>Settings>Controll Panel>attservice(or whatever your dialup connection's name is)>rightclick>properties>networking tab>select(tcp/ip....)>properties button>select "use following dns server addresses"
in the boxes below you should put in the ip addresses of the spoofing dns's that you are using. and that's it. after that you are going to need to restart your internet connection and restart your audrey. As an extra measure I also changed the default dns on my network connection. As I only have one audrey and it was updated with both of these settings in place I have no Idea wether or not changing the dns settings on the network side must be done.
Until I have gotten a few emails that ths process works you are welcome to email me at the address below with any problems.