Here is EXACTLY what you have to do:
1. Get a 32mb CF card, I got a sandisk shoot&share one of ebay dirt cheap
2. Go here: http://www.winappslist.com/utilities/disk_utilities1.htm
2a. Download Diskchecker 3.1
3. Format your 32mb card in XP using FAT
4. Run disk checker, look at your card, it will show sectors (I know all kinds of other ways to get that but NOTHING else worked!)
5. Multiply that # by 512, my lucky # was 32080384, use mkcf.exe to make your image this size (instructions all over the web for this)
6. After that I was using ntrw to write my images and was getting past the invalid image, but onto a bad checksum error
7. So, download diskprobe (available all over the web)
8. Right click on diskprobe and set compatibility mode to windows 2000
9. Goto Admin Tools in control panel, then Computer management, then goto storage, select removable storage, then libraries. Find your CF card, right click on properties and get the Physical drive # - this is important, don't mess this up!
10. Run diskprobe, open your physical drive # corresponding to your CF card up for writing
11. Open your image created with mkcf to the proper size
12. Write that puppy to the drive.
That should do it...
I tried dd, ntrw, every trick in the book to get the size of my CF and nothing worked except the shareware program above.
I then tried just normal diskprobe and ntwr and it didn't work... in my last shot I tried all of the above and my audrey is now updated. I'll make a page with some screen shots in the coming days...
Best of luck all and let me know if this works for others!