This is what I did first did an automatic ip detect and made sure I could surf the web
through my USB-Ethernet adapter.
Recorded the IP address and other information given in
the network settings of the audrey.
Set a password, made it fail 3 times.
When it asks for IP options
enter in the ip address given earlier and other information.
Changed DNS to 126.96.36.199
Then I changed the time to 5 minutes before the next update is supposed to occur
I think it was 3AM so I set the time to 2:55 AM waited 5 minutes and Voila!
It started upgrading, next followed the given recipe and did the Three Finger Reboot
the required amount of times to get the final version of software.
Reset Audrey DNS to my previous (the same as my PC) - Here you could also do the
password reset thing and choose automatic, just check your settings to make sure the dns is not set to 188.8.131.52.
All this was done without doing anything to my linksys router.
This is all from memory from about a month ago and might have some error, but I will update it when I can get in front of my Audrey and step through it.
Hope this helps...