That's the whole reason I made ePods1XP -so I wouldn't have to reinstall everything after the battery went dead. :)
It's a little bit of work, but here's how I did it. I installed the driver by running the installation program. This would usually result in some driver files and so on added to \Windows and some changes made to the registry. Since after a ePod battery dies the \Windows folder is recreated by copying whatever is in \Win_CeFiles\ifc, I had to put the files that the installation program put into \Windows into \Win_CeFiles\ifc as well -this way they would be there after a hard reset (or after the batt died).
So, that takes care of the files, next the registry. I exported the entire registry before the installation of the driver, then again after the installation and compared the two files using a text comparison program. This way I could cut out the changes and add them to my ePods1XP.txt registry file so that next time it's imported after a hard reset or battery loss, then the same registry entries are in there.
So, that covers the files and registry entries! I have some other tweaks and program files and scripted installation procedures that I'm working on for ePods1XP version 4.0. I also have a LinkSys WAP11 card, so the driver will be part of the next version of ePods1XP. You can wait for that version, or feel free to hack on your ePod some more yourself! :)