I have an epods with epods1XP hack on. I've been struggling for days to get my Belkin F5D6020 PCMCIA card to work, with no joy. I've tried both the Compaq drivers and the Prism ones, with the same result - the status lights on the card light up for a few seconds then the epods is first switched on (or when the card is removed and re-inserted) then go out. Here's a typical install sequence:
1. Install PRISM2 drivers (or Compaq ones).
2. Copy MFCCE211.DLL to Windows directory (found a thread that said this was necessary to get PRISM2 control panel applet to work)
3. Move prismcfg.cpl from windows directory to Prism2 directory (found a thread that said this was necessary to get control panel to work after driver install)
4. Remove SMC key from registry (found a thread that said this caused card not to be recognised properly).
5. Soft reset
6. Insert card. Card lights flash briefly, then I am prompted for the adapter driver
7. Enter prismnds.dll. Card lights come on for 5-6 seconds, then go off again (this also happens when the epods is switched on, or when the card is removed and reinserted).
8. Run PRISM2 status applet. When I select the Link tab, I get an error message saying "Unable to connect to the wireless Netcard. Is it inserted? Error = 9.1814".
Has anyone got any suggestions for anything else I can try?