My second image is comming out better! I finally got the flash to take a fat16 LBA,
so now I can compress the image! I am creating
a test install on a hard drive.
Opera looks like the browser of choice for both Windows and Linux, this browser is pretty fast! So I'm going to buy a copy.
Here's the steps I took to create the windows image.
1. Buy an IDE -> CF adapter $19.00
2. Setup an old hard drive, if you don't have one you may be able to get a 540MB drive for $30.00
3. Create a 128MB fat16 LBA partition
4. Setup the rest of the drive with an extended partition , use the rest for drive D
5. format /s on drive c:
6. format drive d:
7. Download win98lite from the internet
8. Boot of your win98 cd, select boot from CD, select boot from CD setup
9. I burned a CD with win98lite and all the
drievers needed for the MSN companion, maybe
you can do the same
10. install the floppy or cd with winlite98
11. run win98lite, this will select install to D partition.
12. follow directions, you will be reinserting your win98 cd and the cab files will be installed to D: drive
13. run the win98program from your D partition
14. select option 1
15. After, when winlite98 setup runs and you select install type, select compact, but add
16 after 15 minutes or so install will be done.
17 After reboot and configure, run drivespace
18. compress drive
19. copy MSN companion drivers to C:\
21. config networking and mount your share
22. When you install apps, use the mounted file system
23. don't forget subst a: c:\