I've just about perfected (for my use) my midori image. I've got 4 IA1's running this thing, some over ethernet, some via wifi. It has always been my intention to share my work with you guys, if you're interested.
I'm using these things to play streaming mp3's from a server (I'm using edna.sourceforge.net, but any old mp3 streaming will do). I'm also using a USB audio DAC, because the sound quality on the IA1 is crummy. This is easy to change back, though.
I'll certainly share the image, but if there is sufficient interest, I'll also share diffs for the build kit, my kernel config, and I can even make up a quick web page on how to modify the image and/or build kit to remove some of the more me-specific features (like xmms playing to usb dac).
Here's a rundown on what I've got:
* Midori image based on Wes' build kit
* kernel 2.4.18
- turned off the httpd config thing
- patched for pre-emptible kernel code
- patched with rtl8150 usb ethernet module (linksys 100M dongle-style nic)
- linux-wlan version 0.1.13 (only barely configured, but it works)
- included support for usb audio
* software changes:
- added the excellent backlight screensaver (thanks Neptune)
- stripped out emulators, some themes, IM, some more
- added 'xmmsctrl' to control xmms from icewm
- added custom toolbar buttons to wm to control xmms (clearing playlist, that sort of thing)
- tweaked Opera for choosing songs and enqueueing (rather than just playing) songs
- sh scripts for controlling xmms
- sh scripts for keeping wifi connection up, and flashing leds
- broke out the startup scripts into /config/local/* instead of all in /config/XFinit
- moved icewm's toolbar file to /config, so you can tweak it and re-freeze