Ok, I got one of these to work with my IA-1 as follows (really a consolidation of all the info already here):
I have an ADMtek8511 Pegasis II chip D-Link DSB-650TX (H/W: B1) and an IA-1 that was upgraded to version 2.0 via modem.
Download and make it easy to find the unzipped contents of ftp://188.8.131.52/nic/adm8511/ADM8511_EEPATCH_100.zip
Boot on a machine you can get DOS access to with a working USB port (note that a DOS windows WILL NOT WORK).
Get to the directory you saved/extracted the adm8511 eeprom patch files (if you can't do this, quit now).
From the above directory, do the following commands:
-----> change Vendor ID to 0x066b
-----> change Device ID to 0x400b
-----> change it to read the same as your MAC Address (on the back on the DSB-650TX labeled node ID), then subtract one from it (this is hex math subtract 1).
-----> verify that # is bigger than your mac address, or make it one larger than your mac address (or anything as long as it's bigger)
run the convert program by typing CONVERT and pressing enter
select SROMB.EXE (Option 1), then after it patches SROMB, exit (option 0).
now run the freshly patched SROMB by typing SROMB and pressing enter.
this is what I had to do, and then I connected it to the IA-1 and poof, it kicked the card and my linksys router didn't mind at all.
It has taken me about a week to figure the right combination, although I suspect most everyone else figured it out right away. For me the following did not work:
VID/PID (0x066b, 0x2203), (0x2001, 0x4002), (0x07a6, 0x8511--original)
I tried all kinds of things to hack this into submission, but what keyed it for me was someone said it had to be 0x400b with the linksys VID. I then poked around until I found that the linksys VID I needed was 0x066b.
Big Smiles on my face now. I have a toy that is worth playing with now .......