I already own an Iopener and just purchased the Touchpad with network option for
$199+$20 shipping (great price).
A couple of newbie questions here (sorry)
1) Can we definetly add an IDE cable and Laptop Harddrive (is there a size limitation?)
2) Is there a limitation on the CF card (96mb is what I have seen so far)
3) What CF does it come with (32mb) ?
4) Will the touchscreen work ok with Win98se (lite) ??
5) Does modem, network and sound work with Win98se?
6) Has anyone come up with a step by step process for hacking these devices? Where?
7) Will Wireless keyboard function OK with win98?
8) Any Bios changes needed to be made?
9) Who sells the IDE cables or other hardware needed?
1) yes after soldering on a header. I've got a 6gb drive attached to mine.
2) I've put a 128mb CF in mine.
3) yes 32mb is standard.
4) I have touchscreen working with Win98SE.
5) I have sound and modem, working on network drivers next. Actually the modem is the one on the HPNA card. I have taken out the Actiontec one.
6) Not yet, just search through the messages.
7) The one that comes with it. Have not tried others yet.
8) No one has figured out yet how to get into the BIOS.
9) In a word - Jack at Badflash.comSkypilot - "Keep the blue side up"
Doesn't The unit comes with 32mb ram in the SODIMM socket and have 64 more attached to the board right under the SODIMM socket? Now, I added a 128 SODIMM and according to windows, I have 176mb; somewere I lost 16mb (video, code morphing processor??)
I'm running a 20Gb IBM Travelstar in mine with no problem regarding hard drives.
i-opener opener laptop notebook computer help
drivers dll free windows dos repair fix linux mac macintosh 2000 95 98 nt pc
configure hardware software sound video netscape explorer network networking
lan wan software cmos fat bios printer card mouse modem ide scsi cd rom
controllers scanner tape hard drive cgi scripts source code mp3