I admit I am unfamiliar with this unit, for ####s & giggles. will it run Winblowz 9x, CeMeNT?
Is this simular to the I-Opener?
(I'm posting them here for our record
- Gateway ConnectedTM touch pad -
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
-- Easy to use: Touch screen-comes alive with a touch - No navigation needed to load or find AOL icons, like with a PC.
-- Form Factor: Smaller than a PC to fit in a variety of areas; Coffee table, Bed-stand, Kitchen or anywhere!
-- Shared Internet Access: The kids can be chatting to their friends in the bedroom, while the parents are accessing e-mail from the office or looking up a great recipe in the kitchen (Requires AOL® Home Networking Software installed on shared PCs)
-- Instant AOL: Instant AOL was specifically designed for quick Internet access, touch-screen convenience and special functions for the Internet family
- CPU Manufacturer: TransmetaTM TM3200
- Processor Speed: 400 MHz
- Front Side Bus: 100/33 MHz (FSB/PCI)
- Graphics Controller: SMI SM712 with Integrated 2MB of Display Memory
- Cache Size: 64KB Instruction and 32KB Data L1 Cache built into processor
- Chip Set: ALI 1535 South Bridge
- Audio: 16 bit Sound Blaster® Compatible via ALI M1535 South Bridge and Crystal 4297A AC97 CODEC
- Audio Ports: Mic-in, Headphone out
- Speakers: 2 internal, 2 watts each
- BIOS: Flash ROM 39SF020
- Modem: Integrated V.90/56k controller based hardware modem
- Home Networking: Choice of Integrated Mini-PCI 10 Mbps 10 Base-T Ethernet or 10Mbps Home Phoneline Networking using the Broadcom BCM4211 HPNA 2.0 Controller
- Ports: 2 USB
- Hard Drive: None
- Disc Controllers: 2 Integrated into ALI 1535 South Bridge
- Memory On Board: 64MB
- Memory Expansion: 32MB
- Memory Slots: 1 SODIMM
- Maximum Memory: 96MB
- PCMCIA Slots: 0
- Display: 10.0" SVGA LCD-DSTN
- Display Model: Sharp LM100SS1T522 or Hitachi SX25S004
- Touch Screen: MicroTouch Resistive Type with MK712 Touch Panel Controller
- Keyboard: Silitek SK-7102 IR Keyboard
- Pointing Device: Pointing Stick Integrated Into IR Keyboard
- Certification: UL 478 (UL1959), FCC Part 15 and 68
- Power: External AC Adapter
- Warranty & Support: 1 year with optional 3 years
- Operating System: Linux
- Software Supported: Instant AOL