This is the way I mounted my 9.5mm drive in just 3 minutes (after taking off case and shield.
1. Remove modem card.
2. Cover top of drive completly with electrical tape (about 5 strips the full length). I put it on the top with the drive label etc. This will act as an insulator when put in place.
3. Attach your Badflash Iopener IDE cable to the drive and motherboard.
4. Trim the small tab of the shield by the side access door. Just about 1/4 inch where it folds back over.
5. Place the drive, tape side down towards the screen.
6. Fold the cable such that it runs along the length of the drive.
7. Put the shield on, making sure the cable is running along the brace on the back of the shield. This puts slight pressure to hold the drive in place, plus insulate againist the brace. The brace gives a slight clearance between the drive and the shield.
8. Attach the case and access door and fire it up.
Ok, Ok - so it took me closer to 4 minutes....... but it works pretty slick I must say. Now on to fitting the serial port and I'm off and running.
Skypilot - "Keep the blue side up"