I have tried everything to get this thing to boot from CF. I have a lite version of 98, 256m crucial cf, pcmcia apadter. I tried the Drivespace method, if even tried the system file only and can't even get it to boot to prompt. I used the ranish partition program and made it bootable with only system files....NOTHING. Could some one PLEASE help. email me at sunsfanatcox.net (replace the at after sunsfan w/ @). Thanks
To do this you need THREE things:
1) A free copy of Ranish Partiton Manager
2) A USB Compact Flash card reader
3) Windows ME machine
1) On a Windows Millenium machine insert the CF card into the reader.
2) Format the card FAT 16
3) Download and run Ranish
4) Ranish will run as a Dos application within Windows ME ONLY
(it will not run this way in other versions of Windows)
5) Using Ranish, set the Boot Flag on the CF partition to ACTIVE
6) Now your card is bootable and you can add your 98lite image.
You can use a regular non-usb card reader/writer, there is a ebay seller that sells them, they are IDE which requires a norma desktop PC and with a bootable floppy or cdrom you can just use Win98 or dos fdisk.
i-opener opener laptop notebook computer help
drivers dll free windows dos repair fix linux mac macintosh 2000 95 98 nt pc
configure hardware software sound video netscape explorer network networking
lan wan software cmos fat bios printer card mouse modem ide scsi cd rom
controllers scanner tape hard drive cgi scripts source code mp3