My CVS Red Device Information is:
TYPE ID 2B
CMP TYPEID 2B
REALM ID 20
I've done the following, but continue to receive the "Select Device" dialog saying, "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware."
1) Created a cable, using the Centronics version found at http://forkboy.doesntexist.com/ The cable continuity tests just fine.
2) Downloaded and installed LibUSB-Win32-0.1.10.1 into C:\Program Files\LibUSB-Win32-0.1.10.1.
3) Downloaded and unzipped the libusb-win32-device-bin-0.1.10.1 material. I placed it at C:\Program Files\libusb-win32-device-bin-0.1.10.1
4) Downloaded the libusb10.inf file from forkboy's hyperlink. I noticed the file name on the site is "libusb.inf", but the downloaded file is "libusb10.inf". (I've tried both names without success.) I put the libusb10.inf file in the C:\Program Files\libusb-win32-device-bin-0.1.10.1\bin directory. (I have also downloaded and tried the already modified file at http://webpages.charter.net/tvickers89/PV2mods6550.htm)
5) I added lines to the [devices] area of the libusb10.inf file. That area now reads:
6) I right-mouse-clicked on the libusb10.inf file and chose "install". The window refreshed itself.
7) I had the camera apart, with batteries out, for several hours.
8) I plugged in the USB cable. The camera (sometimes) made low volume clicking sounds and the WinXP-sP2 unknown device prompt appeared.
9) I tried to update the drivers and point it to the libusb10.inf file. However I receive the "Select Device" dialog saying, "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware."
I've also tried both jumping the 6&7 pins as well as popping the batter door open methods, but I never get the two beeps of death. PV2 always says, "Error: could not find camera."
The camera still "seems" (I'm not taking it in to CVS) to work fine, if I put the batteries back in.
Any help on getting this hack to work would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,