Hi guys, I was reading this forum since some days ago. In fact I read some posts coming from people of Spain who read my posts in an Spanish Forum, and they tried to translate them in order to give you maybe more information about how to free Intel Dot.Station machines.
I can say that I'm working in this challenge since a lot of time ago and I'm able to give you a lot of information but I still couldn't free the BIOS system.
By the way the best I can offer you, is a procedure that I wrote yesterday explaining in detail how to install Linux RedHat 8.0 over the original Intel Dot Station hard disk replacing it and obviously working at all at the end of the procedure.
I'm spanish, and this first version of the document has been written in spanish, but I know some of you are able to translate it, if not I will do it tomorrow, and I will give you and english version of it.
- Consist of make several directorie backups and copy them into other harddisk.
- Consist of manage the partition table and make some modifications or even if you want to use a bigger hard disk you can do it replicating the 4.3 Gigabyte Original HardDisk into the other, and afterthat modifying the partition table in order to give the maximum capacity for partion hda8 which will be the biggest partition in the disk.
- Labeled of partitions (/, /boot, and so on)
- Use Lilo as boot manager during installation.
- Install RedHat 8.0 Packages.
- Finish Installation and begin Post-Installation.
-Consist of modify and updates several directories and scripts.
- Also modify lilo.conf in order to boot from the old original kernel 2.2.15.
- Use the old modules drivers, modules.dep, and conf.modules in order to load all of the drivers supported by the original system.
All of those things are rightly explained in the document.
You can find it here:
I'll come back soon.
Nobody is perfect
su - Nobody