This Toshiba laptop has a 486DX2-66 Intel CPU with math coprocessor and 24MB RAM.
IT HAS SLOTS FOR 2 FULL SIZE ISA CARDS.
This computer can be changed to any configurations you desire just by adding the right ISA cards. You can easily add more serial ports, ethernet, USB, Firewire, GPIB, etc. There are thousands of these very inexpensive ISA cards available in the market. This computer is much more robust than an Internet appliance. It is very ruggedly built. Originally costs over $4000.
I have used this computer on various projects such as:
* Linux gateway/router.
* Home entertainment satellite system programmer/controller/logger.
Great for troubleshooting a system at a friend's house.
* Test station/monitor.
* Internet browsing/email station on the coffee table or in the kitchen.
* X10 controller.
* Linux terminal.
0. Crisp 640x480x256 color 10.4" TFT display. 1MB on board video that
can drive an external monitor up to 1024x768x256 colors. No bright spots
or burnt pixels.
1. Internal 540MB IDE HHD (standard desktop size). Can be replaced with SCSI drive.
2. Internal 2X SCSI cdrom (standard desktop size). Can be replaced with ATAPI drive.
3. 1.44MB floppy drive (laptop size).
4. 8MB RAM on board PLUS a 16MB RAM card = 24MB RAM. Expandable to 40MB.
5. On board Linux compatible SCSI-2. Internal and external connections.
6. On board audio with 2 built-in stereo speakes.
7. 1 Parallel, 1 Serial, separate PS/2 mouse & ext. keyboard connectors.
8. Full size keyboard (102 keys) that's detachable from the main unit.
9. 1 PCMCIA type III slot, 2 full size ISA slots.
10. 2 expandable memory card slots.
11. Win95 is installed. But, you can install Win98, NT, or OS/2.
12. No battery, but power cord is included.
$150 + shipping.
Thanks for loking