This IA-1 worked great, until I damaged the socket. :( I was attempting to verify a new ROM I had burned, and the extractor slipped when I tried to remove the current chip. It can probably be fixed very easily, but I have too many machines, and too little time. The socket would be very easy to remove and replace for someone with decent soldering skills.
The machine has a K6-III+ 450 mobile processor, hard wired to operate at 400MHz, the maximum stable speed without changing the FSB (which results in odd behavior). To handle cooling, I have installed a TennMax lasagna cooler, which works quite well. The machine had a stable uptime in Linux of nearly a month (before my moment of stupidity). To handle the added airflow, the upper case was modified with a standard fan grill. (it's hardly noticeable from the front) Also, the CF slot has been modded for a microdrive - it supplies a 5V Vcc.
The case alone is handy - as I've fitted a full size heatsink/fan in it, and it cleared just fine.
However, I'm selling the unit for parts, as I can't tell what has been damaged. I believe it's the socket, but I don't have the time to verify that. The display panel does work, though, and I know a lot of folks have been looking for those. I will ship the entire unit, sans keyboard and modem. (I bought a machine that lacked those parts)
You get: mainboard with K6-III+ processor, socketed (hackable) BIOS, lasagna cooler, working (and in good condition) LCD panel, power supply, and a modded case capable of accepting almost any socket7 HCF.
Best offer gets it.