The sylpheed configuration directory and other files are created
in /tmp when sylpheed is first started. The config directory is
1) start Sylpheed
2) mv /tmp/.sylpheed /tmp/config/local/.sylpheed
This moves the config to a directory where it will be
saved when you save the configuration.
3) ln -s /tmp/config/local/.sylpheed /tmp/.sylpheed
Create a link so Sylpheed will find its files when it
looks in /tmp.
4) Configure your mail settings. On the Receive tab, uncheck
"Remove messages from server..." because you will not
be saving the messages on the IO.
5) Edit /tmp/config/local/sbin/init to add:
ln -s /tmp/config/local/.sylpheed /tmp/.sylpheed
This will re-establish the link to the permanent
configuration directory on each reboot
6) chmod 744 /tmp/config/local/sbin/init
Makes the file executable
7) Save the configuration from the IO's Netscape homepage.
8) Cross fingers and reboot. I may have made a typo in these
i-opener opener laptop notebook computer help
drivers dll free windows dos repair fix linux mac macintosh 2000 95 98 nt pc
configure hardware software sound video netscape explorer network networking
lan wan software cmos fat bios printer card mouse modem ide scsi cd rom
controllers scanner tape hard drive cgi scripts source code mp3