This is very simple. Recently my factory drive crashed, unfortunatly my unit was out of warrenty. I contacted kenwood many times with no results. They basically told me that the the Entre was a non-servacable item. Aften much digging I finally came into contact with an Escient employee that I met online. Well problem solved. It is very easy to upgrade your Entre's drive. You cannot add a slave drive, the Entre will only recognize one drive. Currently I hane an 80gig drive in my Entre. Simply follow the steps below:
1) Unplug the Entre, along with all connections (audio/video/network/etc....) Open the unit and remove the existing drive.
2) Install the new drive of your choice. I used an 80gig Maxtor drive. Close the unit and reconnect all connections.
3) DO NOT POWER ON THE UNIT YET. Goto http://webshare.escient.com
4) Log onto the site (Username: ecsupport Password: fbgolden)
5) Open the kenwood folder. Then download the kenwood.zip file. This is a reformat and partition utility. You can also download future updates from this same location. It is about 100meg so it might take awhile to download depening on your connection speed. Now unzip the file and burn it directly to CD. IMPORTANT: make sure that there are no directories when you burn the disk. All files sound be burt directly onto the cd with NO Directories.
6) Now inset the disc into the Entre. Hold the power button for appx. 3 seconds. The reformat and software installation should automatically start.
Hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me directly. I have also heard that you can pull the drive and use an IDE to USB cable to transfer your MP3s to the Entre. As you know the MediaManager software really suxs. I have not tried this yet, but plan on it very soon.