Well,a usb ethernet, a keyboard,and a mouse can be found at your local Compusa. The wires can be had many places,
I got mine at http://www.badflash.com and they were less than 20 dollars. You may want to look into a 2.5 to 3.5 drive converter Ebay or online store. The hard drive can be found on ebay by searching for "Laptop hard drive" or /http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=HDD should work. After you get all of the required parts, do this
Pre. Sys and load os install files on hd, in the case of windows, Sys the drive and then copy win98 or options folder
from the cd
1. Open unit and locate the 2.5" ide connector
2. Plug in hard drive
3. Plug unit in and press F2 or "Open book" to get to bios, If it doesn't work the first time do it again...
4. Enter "schwasck" for the bios password
5. Go down to boot options and press enter, goto silent boot and press enter and select disabled (this will get rid
of the virgin screen) press escape to return to main screen
6. Press right arrow and goto "Advanced" then press down to select "I/O device" and then select "Ide bus" and press
enter, select primary, then press enter
7. Press escape to back out of "I/O" press escape again to goto exit screen, Select "Save changes and exit"
8. Whala, If above steps were followed then it will work, BE SHURE YOUR DRIVE IS BOOTABLE.
If you want DOC support consider Famewolfs doc image, it is pretty good. As for other neat things... I have 3 webplayers and one of them is different from the rest, it uses a MMX chip instead of a genode, has a floppy connector and so on so I decided to keep this one for fun. I pulled off the heatsink on the chip and ordered a fan for it. The fans are available through /http://www.TennMax.com/ you have to order the Iopener fan but in the special instructions
put "that you need T10 tape instead of Socket 7 clip". I am also installing a 1" toshiba laptop fan in the top above
the hard drive.