I give up... I just can't get my LinkSys USB100TX adapter to work reliably with my WP! It works fine in the beginning, but as I transfer more data, it just stops responding. I've read other people got this to work, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Let me explain my system and what I've done so far...
- I'm using a 3.5" Maxtor IDE housed in a modified SCSI drive case. This case has its own power supply, so hopefully that rules out power drains.
- I installed Windows Me successfully inside WP. I did not install it on another machine, then moved it.
- I installed the Video and Audio drivers from i-hacked.com.
- After muting the unecessary audio, sound works.
- I set the monitor type to Laptop 800x600.
- I removed the Advanced Power Management. Power button now suspends the machine and powers it right back up correctly.
- I set the BIOS to disable USB legacy support as it seems to be locking up immediately after powering up the WP if the LinkSys is connected. The LinkSys didn't work reliably either before disabling this BTW.
- I messed around with LinkSys' settings forcing it to 10mbps-half to 100mbps-fdx, and enabling hardware flow control, etc.
- My USB SanDisk SmartMedia reader works though. I tried transferring the ~40MB DOC image on it.
- To reproduce the problem, I download Windows 2000's SP1 Network Installation - about 40MB @
- After the problem pops-up, the only solution to make it work again is to pull the USB plug and
put it back in again.
Did I miss anything? Any suggestions?