I'm afraid I am not the most technically inclined individual , so let me apologize in advance if this seems a little rambling. I have a webplayer in route that I bought from U-bid, and was wondering:
1. Can I use it with my current desktop's cable modem setup? (I got the webplayer with the modem and not the ethernet card)
2. From what I have been able to glean from excessive use of the search function, the mini PCI ethernet cards for the Webplayer are somewhat difficult to find as a seperate item. Can you use an external USB ethernet adaptor with a non hacked webplayer, with it's original software? Will the Webplayer automatically recognize it, or does that only work with hacked Webplayers that are running Windows? If it needs drivers installed, how would you get them on to the webplayer? I thought about transferring the drivers to a smartmedia card and plugging my USB smartmedia reader in to the webplayer, though again, would it even see it?
3. For now, I only want to use this for a web browser, though I would like to install a HD. As such, is the thing even remotely useable as it comes out of the box, or do I need to break down and install a HD and a different operating system?
4. I could be wrong, but I believe the ad from Ubid states these are loaded with Linux? Were they originally loaded with this? If it's Linux, what do I need to do to get it working with my cable modem?
5. In closing, is it possible to use a webplayer with a USB external ethernet and a hub, connected to my cable modem? If so, what do I need to do to get it to work?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.