|Hello everyone. I recently bought a Webplayer from uBid and just got it today. Neat! Now I just have some questions for you guys, I can't seem to find the answers on this board. I know that there is a lot, so bear with me.|
1. I know this thing runs Linux (the setup screen looks very X), does anyone know anything about it? Do we know how to get a console? Does it use a serial console? Got root?
2. Does anyone know the pinout of the debug port?
3. What's that 10 pin(ish) connector on the front (or is it back) or the motherboard?
4. If I were to solder on a CF adaptor (to the pads next to the IDE connector), would I be able to use a CF Ethernet card?
5. Once you've hack it so you can run a REAL OS on it, can you flash the BIOS to remove the setup password?
6. The BIOS says there is a serial port, and I see the silksceen/pins (can't remember which right now), does it output anything?
7. Do you guys know why the USB Ethernet cards have a problem? Could it be they draw too much power? Anyone tried them through a hub?
8. I know that Mini-PCI Ethernet cards need a connector to let you plug in a LAN cable, and I've seen a thread that tells how to solder one. Does anyone know somewhere where these can be bought ready-made?
9. The software on mine is obviously designed so that you can use an Ethernet enabled one. I've heard that some were shipped with an Ethernet Mini-PCI card instead of a modem, but if I just plugged in a USB Ethernet adapter, would it work with the built in software? (Not that I plan to use it, just curiousity).
10. Is there a way to put a DOC in a normal PC?
11. I've seen the image of the DOC posted on this board, but what about the image of one that's been sold on uBid?
12. Anyone tried soldering on a VGA connector to see if there is VGA output?
13. How does K-Ray know so much about this thing?