I apologize that my first post is a long one. I would like to get advice
I have a used hacked Webplayer
- 128MB Ram
- 1 GB hard drive
- Netgear USB ethernet adapter
- Windows98 on hard drive
- Ghost image of Win98 on CD
- I assume DOC is not used. I see A drive as removable drive but cannot access it.
Presently, I screwed up NIC setting since I was having IP problems. So I am thinking of refreshing entire O/S
I'd like to have a dual boot set up. Linux and Win98. Linux on DOC for web surfing and Win98 on harddrive. Is it better for me to do a fresh install of Win98/SE from CD or use the existing Ghost image that the previous owner gave me?
Looking for comments about the outline here. I'm slightly above a newbie in terms of PC skills.
1. Remove hard drive and install on desktop PC using IDE adapter.
2. Install Win98 (should I do fresh install or use ghost image). Install drivers for WebPlayer.
3. Put hard drive back to WebPlayer. Finish installation.
4. Install Linux on DOC.
5. Add LILO/GRUB on hard drive so I can dual boot.