I just put in a DWL-520+ into my webplayer.
The little cable to the antenna is very short, I ripped mine off the connector
by accident. I soldered on two unshielded wire instead, it works but I can
see lost in range.
Anyway, seems that the mini-pci card overheats or gets too hot from the
other parts in the webplayer and shuts down...
I can use the wireless card for about 1/2 hour before I lose response from it,
and rebooting does not help. It only comes back to life after cooling down, by pulling
the power from the webplayer.
Anyone else have this overheating problem?
Anyone try mounting fans or added exhaust holes in the webplayer?
I'm starting to think that I should have went with the Linksys USB11 2.6 adapter instead of
the mini-pci card.