I just bought a V5 IO from HSN and will receive it this week. I have some
prelimary questions about what mods I need to get setup. I dont have a lot
of time to spend so I want to do the least amount. I want to just add a
harddrive and install win98 or if its easier and less time consuming, dont add the harddrive, just add win98se, with IE5 and AT&T Worldnet software to the sandisk.
Which is easier? Is there enough room on the sandisk for all this?
If I do the harddrive mod, is this the correct order? am I missing anything?
* Update Bios (just send it to badflash.com to reprogram for v5 ??)
* Install Imod 3 kit from codeman
* Stick the harddrive in a Desktop box (with the converter)
* fdisk it, format it, sys it, activate partition (copy system files )
* copy the contents of the 'win98' directory on the CD to 'win98' on the HD
* copy any drivers I need to the HD (audio, video, usb, nic, etc.)
* Connect harddrive and cables
* Install the Tennmax Lasagna Cooler
* Start the device up and run setup.exe to install win98
If I do decide to upgrade or add anything, it would probably only be the processor.
Is this the best solution??
Winchip2 ($25) drops right into the CPU slot in the Open-I motherboard without any sort of modification, and gives a 2x speed boost. Is this true?