Hello to you all,
I’m a new member on this board. Now I have the big problem in regarding to my i-op. I tried to read yours all but there is a lot of topics and many pages to find the topic which would be involved with my problem but it is not clear for me.
My brought i-op last 2 years ago and used to run OS with Win98se, that’s OK for work but in a few months ago it was infected the virus and my brother’s son tried to erase it but he did it more terrible problems because he tried to erase all files in Drive C: even command.com. In fact he would try to reinstall a new OS into it again from D:.
Then I need help from somebody to advice me now, please......
1. My i-op is p200 w/ 128kb of ram, 2 partitions for C: and D:. IBM HDD 3.2g. I’m not sure in the version of it now. Drive C, I kept for operating system softwares for all my work; and kept all main programs and including all drivers in D:
2. Currently, every time I would turn it on and start it up, it would run on black screen (same as the general running program for setting up all) and shows me a few words such as “Bios V4.51PG” is in the first row and next row it is “(IPC_TRI) I-Opener Bios v5.0.0 (Pathced) and “Plug in Play Bios Entension v1.0A”. And then it would show me in the screen of win98se a few seconds and it would be back to black screen again with hang.
3. After I entered on the black screee, it would show me “C>” and if I tried to type any words after “C>” it would show me “Type the name of the Command Interpreter (e.g., C:\windows©ommand.com). Now my understanding is it lost the command.com in Drive C: and then required it.
4. Then I typed “D:\source\win98setup©ommand.com” (the dirctoty which I kept all command files) but it showed the same word and then I typed “D:\source\win98setup\setup.exe” It showed me the word “Set up is now going to perform a routing check on your system and press enter to continous”.
5. After I entered it, it’s blue screen w/ white sq. Screen in side the blue.
6. And then after I tried to press ESC a few time, it would show me in the windows 98 setup screen and after I clicked on continous bottom, it show me to Insert Disk and press “OK” or “Cancel” bottoms.
7. Then I had to press “Cancel” bottom because i-op has no CD rom and Floppy disk for insert after that it showed me the box of “Windows 98 setup w/ the word “Setup cannot open file ‘d:\source\win98setup\mini.cab.’ and “OK” bottom. Then I pressed “OK” bottom, it becames to the black screen w/ hang.
Now, I need somebody to help how to do it work again please advise me URGENTLY.
1. If I have ot re-install OS please advise me which ones (Win9x, WinME, Win2K) would be suitable for my i-op spec.
2. How I can re-install OS by myself.
3. I have an internal CD Rom tray and I think I’m going to buy a removeable Rack for it and pls advise me can I connect it to my i-op with USB or not. Because USB of Rack is V2.0.
4. Can I re-install OS into my i-op w/ connection by a removeable Rack for CD rom?
I hope someone could help me, please w/ THKS.