|Alrighty then! Now all I have to worry about is the 40-44pin adapter. At c*ablesnmore I believe I found the kit that I need. It's 15 bucks, and it has a little PCB with the connections on it, the power cord (that I will have to splice into the mobo power supply), and the activity LED. So, this is the step by step process. If I miss anything, please tell me.|
1) Copy the Windows98SE setup files, audio/video drivers, assorted goodies, and the game Skyroads (Hey, it might be old, but it's fun as hell) to the laptop drive. Make drive bootable while I'm there.
2) Install the ISA IDE card I just bought off of Ebay (Procom card, has Acer chipset) and use the kit from c*ablesnmore to hook up the laptop drive, splice power connection to motherboard to get power to the drive.
3) Turn on websurfer, and enter BIOS using f1n9er as the password. Disable all ports, as in FDD, serial, LPT, and IDE and a few other changes.
4) The websurfer will boot to a C:\ prompt. Install W98SE as usual. Install drivers.
5) Put in PCI NIC. Turn on websurfer and install drivers.
6) Get on to the network, grab my victory MP3 song from the computer downstairs, start it playing, and dance like crazy. BTW - Destiny's Child - Survivor