Just finished setting up my WSP. Here are the specs. 274Mhz, on board IDE, PCI NIC. All seems to be fine. I'm running reliability test now. Here is how:
Activate on board IDE, Flash BIOS to the ALLWELL bios from the 4bios.zip, JP6 (V1-open,V2-short, V4-short, V8-open) 2.6V. CPU multiplier (JPA1=1,JPA1=0,JPA1=1). Activate the Turbo setting on the clock chip, http://www.icst.com/pdf/9159c-14.pdf . Short pin 4 and 5. Change the CPU heatsink to a larger one. I'm using Western Digital 8.4G HD and Netgear FA301 10/100 PCI NIC.
Follow these steps, otherwise UDMA might not come up. Install the NIC card last!!!
1. Flash BIOS to the Allwell bios
2. In the BIOS turn off USB. I also turned off prt, com1, and com2, since I don't need them.
3. Set up the hd on another computer by copying the cab files over, also copy the drivers for the chipset, video, Audio, NIC. Unzip the Audio, Video, Udma and NIC files into separate directories. Also you should copy winzip into the HD.
4. Transfer the HD over to WSP and setup Win98. Once it has completed, install the chipset driver, don't use the video driver from the chipset zip file.
5. Reboot and install the Audio driver. Once it has completed goto system manager and change the HD controller setting to Primary only. This will free up IRQ15 for USB. Change the Driver to UDMA Driver. Reboot.
6. Install the Video driver for the CyberPro. Reboot.
7. Goto BIOS and turn on USB support. Setup the USB in Win98. Shutdown.
8. Install the NIC and Reboot again. At this point everything should be installed w/o any conflicts.
At 2.9V I can boot into win98 at 301Mhz but sandra test of MMX functions will cause the system to lockup. I'll play around with this some more.
Please Search the old threads for the drivers mentioned above.