So I've read all the posts about how all the new and different bios versions behave, but I am still curious why the new bios is necessary. From what I have read, it has something to do with the PCI/ISA slot function? Correct me if I am wrong.
So what features is the original bios missing that makes the change necessary? It is possible to boot the onboard IDE with the original bios, no? Nothing I have been able to find gives specific details about configuration to boot from the onboard IDE. My questions are:
- Original Bios, yes or no?
- Drive jumpered as master or slave?
- Bios boot order, C Only, C-CDROM, D-CDROM?
- Disk On Chip, pull or no?
- Autodetect drive params or enter manually?
Thanks in advance...